Friday, May 30, 2014

Etch A Sketch


I still vividly remember the reason why I built this MOC. I was standing in line at a Walmart checkout and there were a stack of pocket Etch A Sketches. Looking at the knob on the toy I realized it was almost 1:1 scale with the 2x2 round brick and I would possibly be able to build a faithful recreation of the Etch A Sketch in LEGO.

The most challenging part of the build (besides my lack of red parts) was the grey "drawing screen" The height of the opening is a little less than 5 studs high so the 5th tile is actually partially pushed into the bottom of a 2x10 plate.

The internal support system is also a little weird and uses 4 lightsaber blades to perfectly fill a few small areas.

The "Etch A Sketch" text was added digitally, but I would eventually like print the text onto the build and take this one with me to a brick convention sometime in the future.

I am still very happy with this build and would not change a thing. I was also gratifying when my friends asked me why I was sending them pictures of an Etch A Sketch as they did not realize at 1st glance it was made out of LEGO.

No comments:

Post a Comment